Summer Evening Community Orchestra
Adult Musician Volunteers Needed!
El Sistema Oklahoma is launching a Summer Evening Community Orchestra for our children this summer and we need your help! With almost 100 children enrolled for the summer orchestra, we need many hands to help guide the musical and social development of our kids. You don’t need anything besides your instrument and a passion for sharing music with others to join us. Here’s how it will work:
- Join us Monday evenings in June (June 5, 12, 19) from 7:00pm-8:30pm for rehearsals.
- We will hold a concert on the lawn at Trinity Baptist Church at 7pm on Friday, June 23 as part of their block party celebration.
- We will be divided into two groups (advanced and novice) and will need volunteers to play with each of these ensembles as mentors, guides and performance models. These groups will combine for a mass orchestra performance on June 23.
- We meet at Trinity Baptist Church at 1329 NW 23rd This is just west of Classen Blvd. by about a block on 23rd street.
- Volunteers needed in: Violin, Viola, Cello, Bass, Flute, Clarinet, Oboe, Bassoon, Horn, Trumpet, Trombone, Tuba, Percussion. We would love to have 2-4 volunteers in every instrument category to spread out between the two ensembles and to provide enough support to children within the ensemble.
We need adult musicians at every playing level, so no worries if you consider yourself just a beginner! Our children have right at 1 year experience all the way to starting their 5th year. We can benefit from volunteers at every level.
We hope to have volunteers signed up by Friday, June 2 to allow us enough time to produce folders prior to the first rehearsal.