Summer Evening Community Orchestra
El Sistema Oklahoma is hosting a Summer Evening Community Orchestra for our children and we need your help! With many children enrolled for the summer orchestra, we need help to guide the musical and social development of our kids. You don’t need anything besides your instrument and a passion for sharing music with others to join us! Here’s how it will work:
- Join us Monday evening in June (June 3, 10, 17, 24) from 6:30 pm to 8:00 pm for rehearsals.
- We will hold an “informance” for parents/families at 7 pm on the last Monday, June 24.
- We will divide into two groups (advanced and novice) and will need volunteers to play with each of these ensembles as mentors, guides and performance models.
- We meet at St. Luke’s United Methodist Church (222 NW 15th Street).
- Volunteers needed in: Violin, Viola, Cello, Bass, Flute, Clarinet, Oboe, Bassoon, Horn, Trumpet, Trombone, Tuba, Percussion. We would love to have 2-4 volunteers in every instrument category to spread out between the two ensembles and to provide enough support to children within the ensemble.
We need adult musicians at every playing level, so no worries if you consider yourself just a beginner! Our children have 1 year experience all the way to starting their 6th year. We can benefit from volunteers at every level.
Volunteers will be asked to submit to a background check. There is no cost to you as a volunteer for this screening.
Please join us by clicking on the link: