Summer Evening Community Orchestra
El Sistema Oklahoma is hosting a Summer Evening Community Orchestra for our children and we need your help! With almost 100 children enrolled for the summer orchestra, we need many hands to help guide the musical and social development of our kids. You don’t need anything besides your instrument and a passion for sharing music with others to join us. Here’s how it will work:
- Join us Monday evening in June (June 4, 11, 18, 25) from 7:00pm-8:30pm for rehearsals.
- We will hold a concert at 5pm on Friday, June 29 to close the session.
- We will divide into two groups (advanced and novice) and will need volunteers to play with each of these ensembles as mentors, guides and performance models. These groups will combine for a mass orchestra performance on June 29.
- We meet at St. Luke’s United Methodist Church (222 NW 15thStreet).
- Volunteers needed in: Violin, Viola, Cello, Bass, Flute, Clarinet, Oboe, Bassoon, Horn, Trumpet, Trombone, Tuba, Percussion. We would love to have 2-4 volunteers in every instrument category to spread out between the two ensembles and to provide enough support to children within the ensemble.
We need adult musicians at every playing level, so no worries if you consider yourself just a beginner! Our children have 1 year experience all the way to starting their 6thyear. We can benefit from volunteers at every level.
Volunteers will be asked to submit to a background check. There is no cost to you as a volunteer for this screening.